Saturday, October 08, 2011

Catching Up on what I have missed...

Thursday Oct 6 6:12pm

Hey guys, have not been writing much this few days haven’t I? haha…yea..I guess I forgot to update this blog regularly, been trying to post the rehearsal videos up on facebook as archives so that I can clear them from my computer.

As of now, I’m left with 14GB of free space left out of the 180GB Hard-disk, couple of times I had no enough space to import my videos from the camcorder since most of the 4min videos in MOV SD format are like 2GB, so if that was so, I would only have enough space to store 7 more videos, and that excludes the pictures and the audio for our first performance..

Well, anyway now that I will be relatively free from now onwards, since all the major programs are pretty much over, I can start journaling again. Well, because I missed out so much (like 4 days of experience), I’ll just explain what happened during the time of my ‘absence’

Last weekend was basically another free and easy weekend again, this time I’m not travelling anymore as I would be broke by the end of this trip if I had gone to Edinburg with Irfan and the rest…so pretty I thought it would be good to spend some time to update the family about what’s happening here face to face rather than in words.

Since a picture paints a thousand words, a video would portray more words right? Hence the rationale for Skype! Well, actually it was an initiation that I made while chatting with my brother on facebook while uploading our rehearsal videos…well, since I had just re-installed Skype on my computer and we both have web cameras, what better way to use them than Skype-ing one another?

Well, our first Skype session on Saturday 4pm (GMT+8, 11pm) was actually meant to be a test to see if Skype works, but it turned out to be an hour session conversation with the family, well a fruitful one for mom I guess since her birthday was the very next day, I hope that my Skype call would suffice as my punctual birthday present for her.

Speaking of her birthday, she was given an iPhone 4 on Sunday, her birthday. 3 Days before the iPhone 4S was released, oh well I guess people were selling them cheap than as they anticipate the next iPhone to arrive, which actually didn’t have much difference to the previous version. Just maybe a 8 megapixels camera, and some other network thing that we can live without.

Well, our conversations mainly revolved around the basic stuff like am I getting enough food there, do I have enough clothes to wear (which at that week it was particularly warm), whether I have enough money to live as so on. Apart from that, there were conversations about my results and my future plans for studying in Keele. As of now, I don’t mind living in Keele, from what I have experience it’s quite safe over here in Keele village with warnings of drunken people.

But I guess I’m still pretty undecided whether I want to go on to university or simply start work after poly, the course I would take here would probably be Music Technology, which seems to revolve largely around Sonic Arts and less commercialized music, more of Acousticmatic piece rather than pop music.

As a musician I would love to combine the two worlds together, using acousticmatic music ideas in pop songs or the other way around. But ultimately if they can both used to share the gospel to other people, I would really want to learn to do so.

It will certainly cost me my fame and my pride to be a prestigious musician to be a God-follower, because when Christ calls a man, he bids him comes and die – die to all these worldly passions, and for myself, the desire to leave a legacy behind as someone great and famous.

It still a bittersweet thing, to really give up something you love to have yet knowing in time to come that you’ll have something even greater than what currently have or wish to have. Nevertheless, I will continue to be diligent as a Christian, a son, a brother, a student, a Bible Study leader, and a musician/sound engineer.

No comments: