Sunday, October 09, 2011

The Last Day in Keele

Saturday 8 October 2011 11:51pm GMT+1

Sigh, tonight is the last night we’ll be staying here, feeling a little torn right now as one part of me wants to continue living here, while the other longs to go home. Yet, I know I will leave this place to go back to where I belong, because it is necessary.

I guess today’s supposed trip to Liverpool turns out to be a trip down to New-Castle Under Lyme for us to get the last of souvenirs we needed to get. Well, for me, it sure is wasn’t a wasted trip because I got to properly explore the town area of New-Castle Under Lyme unlike our first visit in the first week shopping for found objects.

I’m not going to tell you what I got today, you’ll find out when I get back to Singapore.

Well, anyway apart from spending 3 hours in New-Castle Under Lyme , I spent an hour packing my bag. Surprisingly, I was still able to fit everything into my luggage and hand-carriers without the need for space extension. So that’s pretty much an achievement for me, being able to properly bag a luggage full of dirty clothes neatly by myself, guess the luggage is gonna smell real bad after 24 hours.

Btw, a note to all - We will be arriving in Singapore at about 3.05pm on Monday not 9pm, apologies for the miscommunication. It will be flight QR 638, so yea it’s for those who wants to see me..

So after packing 90% of the stuff into the luggage, we went over to James’s and Melissa’s accommodation, Horwood Hall. It’s a nice area of cottages side by side each other.

Quite interestingly, their place was very warm, even without a heater It’s really strange. Over here in the Hawthorns apartments it can feel as if an air-conditioner set to 5 degree Celsius even with the heater on, while over there, you would rather be outside in the cold than in the room. Maybe is because they had a kitchen with stoves and ovens that’s why.

And speaking of their kitchen, today we had a special dinner prepared for us specially our own Sonic Escapade Chef, Chris! Haha….it was awesome. Special thanks to Melissa for her hospitality to allow us to have a gathering in the kitchen, thanks to James for loaning us his cooking equipments and to all of them for buying and preparing dinner for us.

And we had to thank Melissa’s hostel mates for being so accommodating to us (they ended up having cup noodles for dinner because of us), even though we were pretty noisy too with all the sharing about Scottish and Welsh people and other random stuff…

Well, this time round I didn’t take pictures of the food, but did take some of the processes we took in helping prepare dinner, before Master Chef Chris stopped me. Well, nevertheless it was a good dinner and desert spending our last night in Keele with out fellow alumni in DMAT.

Well, after that we went to Sney Arms to say farewell to the people there, they have served us with lots of hospitality throughout this 3 weeks, and provided us a place for us to have good dinner and desert and other activities as well. We are sure going to miss them, but thankfully we have their Facebook! Haha..the power of social utilities.

Well, I guess I should be sleeping soon, we will be leaving here at 9.30am tmr for the airport, so I will have to sleep early, or least try to sleep, I starting to regret having my last cup of tea in Keele just before bedtime. It’s a bad move..well, let’s hope exhaustion will win caffeine this time…

No comments: